Coral Gables Office
Mr. Mendlestein joined Falk Waas in 2001, and became the Managing Shareholder in December 2021. He handles claims involving medical negligence, sexual assault, premises liability, auto negligence, and trucking liability. Mr. Mendlestein advises the firm’s healthcare clients on Amendment 7 issues and PSOs, and has lectured throughout the country on these issues. He has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers magazine and has received a Martindale-Hubble® AV Peer Review Rating. Mr. Mendlestein is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and serves on the Executive Board of ABOTA’s Miami Chapter.
Areas of Practice
- The University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Amherst, MA, 1996, B.A., cum laude
- University of Miami School of Law
Coral Gables, FL, 1999, J.D.
- Florida, 1999
- U.S. District Court,
Southern District of Florida, 2005
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Coral Gables Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Past Member of Board of Directors
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Guardian Ad Litem Pro Bono
- Commissioner/Coach Beth Am Basketball
- Camp Laurelwood, Inc.
Board of Directors/Vice President
Honors and Distinctions
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Peer Review Rating